![]() |
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |
Growing up, most of my memories of the summer are of our family's place at the lake. I spent most weekends and sometimes even weeks at a time there. We would swim, ski, fish, work the lines and jugs with Pap-aw in hopes of catching a lot of catfish so that Mam-aw would fry it up for dinner! And at night we would play games like Sequence, "Chicken Foot" dominoes, Uno and Phase 10. I have so many wonderful memories of that place. Then as all of us grandkids got older, the time that we spent there dwindled and then eventually stopped. Not because we didn't want to go, but just because we got busy. Then recently my grandparents contemplaced selling it just so they didn't have to continue maintaining it and keeping it up. It became more of a job for them just because no one really used it that much. My brother Scott and I decided there was no way we were letting them do that! We wanted the lake place so that we could have the same memories with our kids in the summers ahead that we had growing up. This 4th of July weekend was the first weekend we've spent at the lake as a family in YEARS. It was so much fun! Carson, Avery, Tate and Smith had a blast!! We know that it was just the first weekend of many, many to come. I love that we have a place to get away and relax...whether we even get in the water or not! I look forward to the kids getting older and teaching them to water-ski. I remember learning myself when I was 6 or 7 with these little red dolphin skis tied together on the ends! Until then, we'll just enjoy the "swimming hole"! (When I called it that to Jeff, he said, "What are you guys? The Clampetts?" Ha Ha! Of course, the Californian would say that!)

2 comments:
So fun! I'm glad you can pass those memories on to your kids.
Look at you posting!!!! Yay for fun times at the watering hole! That Californian just doesn't get it ;)
(btw, you need to change your comments color)
Post a Comment